Heather Mucha is a staff counselor at Village Counseling Center and is a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor. Heather believes counseling can be a powerful transformative process when it is driven in collaboration with the client, with guidance from the right therapist. Heather earned her Master's Degree in family and Child Studies from Northern Illinois University graduating Magmun Cum Laude. Heather specializes in evaluation and treatment of children, adolescents, adults and couples.
Heather facilitates teaching strategies for effective living, stress management, communication, assertiveness, and conflict resolution. Heather is focused on identifying and achieving priorities, creating balance, and managing stress effectively.
Heather works with her clients to create a therapeutic plan that best matches their individual needs, goals, interests and beliefs, while building on personal strengths and resiliency models.
Heather has experience with several therapy techniques including client centered, cognitive behavioral, dialectal behavioral and humanistic, positive person centered to treat a wide range of conditions. All of these techniques are proven to facilitate positive change and wellness during life stressors and times of adaptive challenge.
- Meet Heather Mucha May 18, 2017
- Staying Positive During Tough and Challenging Times November 23, 2016
- Dealing with Loss When the Holidays and Other Milestones Occur: A natural part of grieving May 18, 2016
- Joy March 30, 2015
- Ways to Support & Get Closer to Your Husband January 27, 2015
- Tech Talk: May 1, 2014
- Forgiveness March 24, 2014
- Lost.... And Found March 12, 2013
- Gratitude January 29, 2013